Terms and Conditions * I agree to the terms and conditions.
In order for us to add your story and/or photographs to our website(s), we must receive your acceptance to this consent/media release statement:
* I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to Hindu American Foundation (HAF). HAF may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media.
* I agree to indemnify HAF for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with this material.
* I also have reviewed the HAF Submission Guidelines and User Agreement:
* I hereby transfer and grant to HAF the exclusive right to use and to authorize others to use all or any part of my (his/her) story/interview/photograph/video/audio or film likeness, regardless of the medium by which it is recorded.
* I also hereby transfer and grant to HAF the exclusive right to use and authorize others to use all or any part of my (his/her) story/interview/photograph/video/audio or film likeness in related media such as books, magazines, journals, pamphlets, Internet and other written and video and audio formats for the purposes of promotion, education, news media, Internet and other purposes.
* I further acknowledge and agree that no monetary compensation whatsoever will be due to me as a result of the use of the materials outlined above or any rights therein.
* I also hereby release HAF and its board, members, trustees, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and suits, including, but not limited to, claims for invasion of privacy, defamation, breach of contract or other breach of duty arising out of or in connection with the use of this story/interview/photograph/video/audio or film likeness.
* I certify that the submissions are my own work and I have full permission to use, submit, alter or publish them.
* I certify that the story or pictorial is true and I am liable for the content.
* I understand that if I am age 13 or younger, my submissions are prohibited.
* I certify that if I am age 18 or younger, I have the permission of my parent or guardian in making this submission.
HAF is committed to protecting your privacy. We will never share your contact information with third parties.
Hindu American Foundation (HAF) and its affiliate program sites including, but not limited to HAFsite.org, iamhinduamerican.org, and shaktiinitiative.org (collectively referred to as the “sites”), are accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to and use the sites are subject to the terms and conditions of this User Agreement and Copyright Notice and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark. BY ACCESSING THE SITES, YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. HAF and its programs reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The changes will appear on this screen. By using the sites, you agree in advance to accept any changes.
The materials used and displayed on the sites, including but not limited to text; software; photographs; graphics; illustrations and artwork; video; music and sound; and names, logos, trademarks, and service marks are the property of HAF and the sites or its programs or licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Any such content may be displayed solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material without the written permission of hafsite.org or the appropriate program. hafsite.org and the sites contain information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. HAF AND THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPOSED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. NEITHER HAF, OR ITS AFFILIATES ENDORSE OR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON HAFSITE.ORG OR THE SITES. ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE SITES.
The sites may include bulletin boards, chat rooms and other user- and member-created pages, which allow you and other users and members to post information and materials, provide feedback to HAF and its programs, and interact in real-time. You agree that HAF and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use all information, text, messages, photographs, member or display name and other materials posted by you (collectively, the "materials") for any purpose in any form and on any media. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable materials of any kind, including but not limited to, any materials which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; violate the copyrights, trademarks, services marks, or similar intellectual property rights or other rights, including invasion of privacy or rights of publicity, of others. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless HAF, its subsidiaries, divisions, districts, programs, trustees, board, agents and representatives against any claim arising from any materials you post or transmit. Although hafsite.org and its programs may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and other user- and member-generated pages on the sites, neither HAF nor its programs is under any obligation to do so. You acknowledge that HAF and its programs do not control the information available on the bulletin boards, chat rooms and other user- and member-generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user- or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. HAF and its programs reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, bulletin boards or on any other user- or member-generated pages.
Your use of hafsite.org and the sites is at your own risk. NEITHER HAF, THE SITES, OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, DISTRICTS, PROGRAMS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ONTHE SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST HAF, ITS SITES, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, DISTRICTS, PROGRAMS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF HAFSITE.ORG AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, e-mail address) on a bulletin board, chat room or on any other user- or member-generated pages, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.